Sunday, May 6, 2012

Antique Embossing for Mother's Day

I made this card to try a new technique and because I am trying to think of something original for my mom's Mother's Day card. I have  been hearing about inking the embossing folder and then embossing the paper to make card, and so I tried it. I used the Pool Party card stock and inked the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder with Soft Suede (one of my all time favorite colors). Then I used the Apothecary stamp set with the Labels Framelits to make a design. I colored the flowers with Stampin' Write Markers (Pool Party, Blushing Bride, and Pear Pizzaz) and added the basic pearls for flower centers. I chose the Loving Thoughts stamp set for the sentiment, and finished it off with Smooch Spritz and Soft Suede satin ribbon. After I finished it, I decided to enter it in the Paper Players Challenge #94.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a beauty! I love that technique! Thanks for playing with us this week! Also, if you don't mind, turning off your word verification makes it a lot easier for everyone to leave comments. We don't have to type in those pesky words! If you need help doing that, let one of us know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - well done on the embossing (I'm yet to try it myself)! Your colouring is very pretty. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card Janet, great colours and the embossing is always a wonderful accent. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete